Friday

update

A little snag because of a misunderstanding. With my doctor. I had to schedule another appointment with her for the middle of the month. I had to do this while sitting in her office not being seen by her. I was not a happy girl. I did try to keep my feelings off my face as the nurse working with me was doing her best to ameliorate the situation into something that wasn't a complete waste of my time. It was a complete waste of my time.

This two week delay likely won't make or break my chances, but it is certainly annoying.

And my representative from the medical review office will not answer her phone nor return my e-mail. Do I risk irritating her by sending another e-mail, leaving another message? It is disappointing; the regional office staff is responsive, professional and generally impressive. I should not be surprised as I've often found that the most difficult of government processes tend to be staffed by the most difficult people. My theory is that working in an environment like that, with people constantly wanting things from you that you cannot give or getting upset because they didn't listen to you the first time you told them what you needed and growing hostile when you tell them the same thing again, would daily erode your spirit and compassion for those seeking your services. Still, mine was a terribly polite message. Almost obsequious.

Happier thoughts... the Atlanta NASCAR Sprint Cup race is this weekend! Taking my Mom. I know. Crazy, but cool. I'll have a picture or two to share, I'm certain.

No comments: