Tuesday

thus it begins...

Greetings from DC!

Staging (pre-departure orientation) was informative and an excellent use of five hours.  I especially enjoyed meeting all these folks (there are currently 106 of us slated to board the plane for Kiev tomorrow) who have been through the application process, the departure preparations, who have similar aspirations and anxieties, people who will be watching my back for the next two years.  I remarked (to myself) in orientation today that the Peace Corps does a good job of selecting people to serve; I was generally impressed by everyone I met - folks were personable, good at public speaking, game for anything.

I have to say that while it doesn't seem real yet, I am ever more eager for this journey to begin.  Not long to wait.

It may be at least a month before I am able to post again (about 70% of volunteers in Ukraine have access to internet, and those not necessarily in their town), but I will be writing posts and saving them up until I have internet access.  Worry not.  I shall be just as chatty as I've been on any other trip.

No comments: