Tuesday

remember I went to Texas?

Old news, my weekend in Texas a couple weeks back was pretty darned good.

Friday's performance of Don Giovanni was a bit of a disappointment. Paulo Szot is the only tenor I've heard whose recitative was as beautiful as his arias. The set, staging, and oh-my-lands the costumes were not to my liking. The costumes veered from turn of the 18th to turn of the 19th century. Discombobulating. Also, at the end of the first sword fight both parties pulled guns and shot each other... as there are no guns in Don Giovanni, it was an awful departure from what I expected.

Saturday I spent dashing hither and yon to see favorite people and managed to get most of them seen.

Saturday night T. and her boyfriend took me to see (as a birthday gift) Anna Bolena. It was fantastic. Except for the almost fist fight which took place in the nosebleed seats. At the opera I do not expect belligerent patrons.

Sunday was race day and it was, as expected, awesome.



























No comments: