Monday

preparing to pack...

The waiting time is a good part of this preparing-to-leave process.

A short while ago, I acquired a rolling duffel from LL Bean (an obnoxiously lovely teal color) and I started tossing things into it that I though I might take with me. The bag is overflowing... I have yet to pack all the clothes I will take, let alone the shoes. After staring (in dismay, I must confess) at the bulging teal beauty, I began to think along a more ascetic line. A few wonderful parts of my life from home are necessary, but as few as I can manage. Things I don't use here, are unlikely to be things I use in Ukraine with a few exceptions (notably being the sleeping bag and the ice gripper things for my shoes).

I am prepared to miss many material things, but there are folks in Ukraine pickier than I and they have found material comfort. I'll be fine.

No comments: