Wednesday

Peace Corps update

Still waiting.

I did hear from some fellow applicants this morning - their invitation is in the mail! They submitted their medical portion back in May, so they have a three month head start on me and I am not fretting.

The kicker is that they were nominated, as I was, for Eastern Europe. Turns out they're going to sub-Saharan Africa! Once their heads stopped spinning, so they told me, my friends were excited with their change in assignment location. It was an awakening for me - no more looking at reviews of wool vs. silk long underwear. Part of the mental preparation for this to keep myself free of expectations. Now, I understand that I also need to prepare myself for the possibility of some place that is hot 12 months, rather than 3 months, out of the year. That's going to take some work...

No comments: